Exercises for the three last weeks

Exercises for the three last weeks

by Ugo Damiano -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

Is it possible to have some exercises for the three last weeks of course? In fact, if the material we see in class is necessary for the exam, I think it would be normal to have the according exercises. The quizzes especially took place on both exercise sessions where trees should have been covered, and hence no exercises on this subject (either decision or regression ones) were given. Or instead of  "coding exercises", may we have (still for each week of class left) exercises like the first quiz? And I think that understanding these subjects would be beneficial especially for third year students like me that aim to take other machine learning classes next semester.

Best,

Ugo

In reply to Ugo Damiano

Re: Exercises for the three last weeks

by Jan Bednarík -

Hi Ugo,

you are completely right that some of the topics presented in class were not covered by the programming exercises. In fact, this is also one of the reasons why the last exercise session will be devoted to answering any questions you might have regarding the content of the whole course. Each student might want to discuss different topics so to facilitate your preparation for the final exam, we will leave the last exercise open for you to choose what to discuss. If you feel like you would like to get more clarification on trees, feel free to prepare your questions and discuss with the TAs.

Jan