update on course and evaluation

update on course and evaluation

by Darlene Goldstein -
Number of replies: 0

hello all, the coronavirus situation has been evolving daily. Currently, teachers at EPFL have been told that group projects should not be carried out. However, I am hesitant to rely on what may or may not happen in the future, and also don't think it is fair to put your entire note on your individual project.

Therefore: I have decided that the most fair thing and closest to the original grading scheme is to:

* DELAY the preliminary deadlines for the group project till the end of April (at the earliest), that is till Friday 1 May at 12.00 noon. If courses are delayed for longer, that deadline could be pushed back till later. Of course, if you finish it earlier and want to turn it in then, that is ok.

* DELETE two of the assignments: the (group) article review and the (individual) small report on power or meta-analysis

* CHANGE the grading scheme, so that the group project counts for 2 points and the individual project counts 4 points

ALL future lectures will be posted online, and as for the labs we are still looking for a solution for that (but questions and answers will also be posted).

Sorry for all the inconvenience, but there isn't anything we can do other than get through it as best as possible. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Darlene