Playtesting Advice during Self-Isolation

Playtesting Advice during Self-Isolation

by Louis Philippe Simoes Lopes -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Everyone,

Given the recent self-isolation restrictions it has become increasingly difficult to conduct effective playtests. Thus, I would heavily recommend to not conduct playtests while being physically present with other individuals.

Saying this, I would still recommend conducting some form of testing, albeit remotely. Thus, you will need to be a bit more creative!

Ideally I would recommend sharing builds of your games with other students of the class or even friends and obtaining some feedback from them (e.g. Skype or Discord). At this stage I would definetly recommend building prototypes without the VR interactions to test certain mechanics of your game, while at later stages I would recommend sharing your work with students who are currently holding their respective Oculus Quest. Ideally, based on this all of you can get a sense of where you games stand.

Hence, it would be ideal that everyone could help each other and share valuable feedback on their respective games so as everyone can benefit! :)

Please keep in mind that we do not expect entensive or in-depth playtesting, it is only a prototype after all. However, some notions on how people perceive and play with your game can definetly be of benefit to you and your team. Just something to consider.

Best,
Phil