In this course you will learn and understand the main ideas that underlie and the way networks are built and run. You will be able to apply the concepts to the smart grid. In the labs you will exercise practical configurations. You will be able to
- Test and clarify your understanding of the networking concepts by connecting computers to form a LAN, interconnected by routers and interconnected autonomous routing domains.
- test traffic control settings
- develop and test various communicating programs using sockets
- be familiar with IPv6 as well as IPv4 and the interworking between them
- run a virtual networking environment in your computer where and deploy real networks in an emulated environment
This is a master level course for master and PhD students