Error: Pipeline Failed in GitLab

par Francesco Intoci,
Nombre de réponses : 3

Hello,

I have been working on the homework locally. Now that I have all the test working, I wanted to replace the file in the repository on Gitlab with their modified versions. However, when I try to replace any file, by starting a merge request, GitLab shows me that the request failed reporting as error "Pipeline failed: Golang 1.14 build failed". May this be caused by my Go version that is 1.15.2? How can I solve this issue?

Thank in advance to all,

Best

En réponse à Francesco Intoci

Re: Error: Pipeline Failed in GitLab

par Kirill Nikitin,

Hi,

Without further details, I am not exactly clear on what you are trying to do but no, the error cannot appear because of your local Go version. Trying to understand: you have committed your changes to the source files in your checked-out repository and you are trying now to push these changes to Gitlab? Is your branch up to date with the master branch, i.e., have you merged our latest commits from last week with the integration tests?

Cheers,

Kirill

par Francesco Intoci,
Hello Kirill,
I am sorry but I am very new to GitLab. I think I figured out. Basically I think I was trying to push my code into the master branch. I had to open a new branch and I pushed my code there. I think this the legit way to do it, right?
Thanks for your reply by the way.

Re: Error: Pipeline Failed in GitLab

par Kirill Nikitin,

Hi,

Yes, creating a new branch and pushing there is the right way indeed! I assume it works for you now.

Cheers,

Kirill