Lab3 - Part5 - ConnectionResetErrot

Lab3 - Part5 - ConnectionResetErrot

par Ruizhi Luo,
Nombre de réponses : 5

Hello,

I implemented the secure_pmu.py sever application. When testing it with the provided client program Part5_PDC.pyc in MininetVM, I get a ConnectionResetError on the output of both server and client.  Here's the traceback on the client side:

$ python3 secure_pmu.py certificate.crt CAMIPRO1_key.pem

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "secure_pmu.py", line 27, in <module>

data = conn.read(4096).decode()

File "/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 874, in read

return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)

File "/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 633, in read

v = self._sslobj.read(len)

ConnectionResetError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Any idea of this error?  

Another question is that are the key file and certificate file correspond to each other. I got messed because I type the command to generate the key file several times and each time I erased the last key file. Thanks a lot.

En réponse à Ruizhi Luo

Re: Lab3 - Part5 - ConnectionResetErrot

par Alaeddine El Fawal,

Hello,

Actually, the certificate is used to certify that a given public key does belong to a given identity (private key). The certificate contains the public key of the identity, it is signed by the certificate authority. So, if you generate a new key and do not update the certificate accordingly, the connection will not work.

So, I suggest to you to restart with a clean key and certificate generation and try again your code. If the problem persists, please send me your code BY EMAIL.

Good luck,

Alaeddine

En réponse à Alaeddine El Fawal

par Ruizhi Luo,

Hello,

Thanks for your answering. I indeed want to restart with a clean key and certificate. But it seems that I cannot generate a new certificate file in the scoring system when I submit a new .csr certificate request file cause it said  ''You have already reached the highest score for that test.''

Thanks again

Ruizhi Luo

En réponse à Ruizhi Luo

par Manuel Leone,

Hello,

please upload here on Moodle your .csr and we'll sign it for you.

Best,

Manuel