Artificial Neural Networks (CS-456)

Artificial Neural Networks (CS-456)

par Alireza Modirshanechi,
Nombre de réponses : 0

Dear students,

I hope you have been all doing well in this difficult time.
Given the fact that the spring semester has started this week, I am writing this email to give you some general information about the course 'Artificial Neural Networks' (CS-456).

1. Week 1: The course will start this Friday (February 26) at 10:15 with a short introduction by me (organizational questions), and then we switch to pre-recorded videos. The videos for the first week are not yet online.

2. Week 2: Starting the second week, there will be several online exercise sessions at the following times:

• Monday, 17:15 to 18:00
  • Tuesday, 17:15 to 18:00
  • Friday, 9:15 to 10:00
You need to pick a time, and preferably, stick to it until the end of the semester. Each of the three slots has 1 or 2 TAs assigned to it so that these TAs will be your direct contact during the term.

3. For the exercise sessions, we will have a Slack channel for general discussions and Q&A where you can also ask for video calls over Zoom. Of course you can post questions at any moment in Slack, but the TAs will attend to the slack channel only during the three exercise sessions mentioned under point 2 and not outside these hours. You will be informed about the details by the end of week 1.

4. The mini-project will count 30%. The remaining 70% is for a written exam in the summer exam session.

5. We plan to hand out the miniproject just before the Easter break (March 31), but potentially it is 10 days later.

6. In total there will be four TAs. The two head TAs are A. Modirshanechi  <alireza.modirshanechi@epfl.ch> and B. Simsek  <berfin.simsek@epfl.ch>

I hope you will enjoy the class! Looking forward to meeting you online this week.

Best,
Wulfram Gerstner