Lecture 9 quiz & updated slides

Lecture 9 quiz & updated slides

by Sophia Becker -
Number of replies: 0

What I said for the last quiz was correct, but I got confused when I realized that my slides were incorrect (in the old slides, I did not shift the nullclines in the correct direction). In the new version, slides 37-41 are new. In particular:

(i) the order (and exact formulation) of the quiz questions has changed. Answers are made visible so that you can check with your results.

(ii) The movement of the the h1 nullcline (and h2 nullcline) now corresponds to the solutions of the quiz (vertical/leftward shifts)

(iii) The qualitative conclusions remain unchanged (even though the images of the nullcline configuration look now a bit different).

(iv) For numerical plots with a slightly different activation function, you may want to have a look at Figure 16.7 in the textbook

https://neuronaldynamics.epfl.ch/online/Ch16.S3.html

I apologize for the mistake today. I know that I take a risk when I use hand-drawn graphs, because these are prone to mistakes. I still prefer to do it this way, because this way all steps (and mistakes!) will be made transparent.

Please use this updated version of the slides; it could be that I am still wrong - so  if you find further mistakes, do not hesitate to tell me.

Best regards

W. GERSTNER