Noyau planté

Noyau planté

par Déborah Boschung,
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

For the UNet exercises, this function always kills my jupyter kernel:

helper.plot_side_by_side([input_images_rgb, target_masks_rgb]) 

i tried "conda update --all" in the anaconda shell; I checked my freetype version, it is the 2.10.4. The problem remains.

Can you help me solve this? It seems to come from the helpers but I don't know what's causing it.

Thank you

Déborah

In reply to Déborah Boschung

Re: Noyau planté

par Nicolas Talabot,
Hi,

It's a bit hard to say what's wrong just like this. What happens when you run that function? Do you get any error message? (You can also check the terminal where you run `jupyter notebook` to see if it prints anything when the kernel dies.)

Does it also crash after running the 3 first cells in the solution notebook?
Otherwise, you can also check if your helper.py file (and the notebook) is the same as the one on Moodle, in case it has been changed accidentally.

Best,
Nicolas
In reply to Nicolas Talabot

par Déborah Boschung,

I don't get any error message, and the first 3 cells in the notebook work fine. The helpers file was the same.

I actually desinstalled anaconda et reinstalled the new version, then it worked for 30 minutes. 

Then I don't know what happened but now I can't open either anaconda or jupyter on my laptop. I tried desinstalling everything, reinstalling it all, still not working.

In reply to Déborah Boschung

par Nicolas Talabot,
So the 3rd cell which calls "helper.plot_side_by_side([input_images_rgb, target_masks_rgb])" worked? If so what cell was problematic? And was any other notebook giving you an error?

What is happening when it crashes? Is just the notebook telling you that the kernel died? If you can find it, can you send what is printed in the terminal when that happened?

Usually reinstalling is a good strategy, but that is very strange that it would stop working after 30 minutes. What OS do you have (Windows/Linux/Mac)? Can you send me how you uninstalled, reinstalled, and launched it please?