Lab4-Part2-Question1

Lab4-Part2-Question1

par Xianjie Dai,
Nombre de réponses : 6

Hi,

I am working on the first quesiton of this part: using "telnet localhost ospfd" command to enter the monitoring mode of the ospfd daemon. The output is "refused".

Here is the details of the output:

Trying 127.0.0.1...

telnet:unable to connect remote host: Connection refused

Any idea what I did was wrong?

En réponse à Xianjie Dai

Re: Lab4-Part2-Question1

par Sounak Kar,

Hi,

Could you check if you are indeed running ospfd on the concerned router? As mentioned on Moodle, you can check this by using ps -aux | grep ospfd from a Linux terminal. If not, you need to start ospfd on that router first. Let us know if you are still facing the issue (with screenshot of ps -aux | grep ospfd).

Reagrds

En réponse à Xianjie Dai

Lab4-Part2-Question1

par Edin Guso,
Hello,

You can get this error if you have not started the ospfd process at the router. You can see how you can start the ospfd process in Lab4 Quiz 1, in the section before Question 3.

If after starting the ospfd process by running the command I mentioned you still get this error, please let me know.

Best,
Edin
En réponse à Edin Guso

Re: Lab4-Part2-Question1

par Xianjie Dai,
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't start the ospfd process and it works now. For the following question to count the neighbours of r3, do we need to follow the settings in Part 1 (make sure that all processes are running and that ospfd is not running on r4)?

Best,
Xianjie