Grading criteria for individual reports

Grading criteria for individual reports

par Darlene Goldstein,
Nombre de réponses : 0

hello everyone - 

I have updated the course moodle page to add topic-specific criteria for your individual report. I have also included some additional tips for the reports. These all appear in the 3 April section, just under the big yellow box.

Some of you have asked if you can go over 7 pages. Here is some general guidance: 

* Your references should start on a separate page, which does not count toward the total; if you have a LARGE table of model coefficients, that can also be included on a separate page as an appendix. Otherwise, please try to keep it to 7 pages. If you find that you absolutely MUST use more pages then do that, but first try to see where you can cut extraneous material.

* Your report does not need to include everything that you did, every single plot that you might have looked at - about 90% of the stuff I do before a final report goes into the (virtual) trash!! So do try to keep things concise while still explaining the main points.

* Your report can be in either English or French.

* Some balélec committee members have asked if it is possible to turn in the preliminary report later - yes, that is fine, please don't worry about it.

* In general, I can understand that you may also have a lot of work in your other courses. The MOST important thing for us in this course is that there is NO STRESS!! I have built in some slack so that if you need extra time for any reason we should still be able to give you feedback in time for you to make revisions for your final version. I have set the FINAL deadline for everything at 18 June, but if necessary we can even go after that. Please don't hesitate to let me know where we might need some additional flexibility.

* I want you to have FUN working on this report. I know the data analysis is generally more fun than report writing, but please try to go into it with a positive attitude as best you can.

Questions? Problems? Please don't hesitate to ask!!

Best regards,

Darlene