report file sizes

report file sizes

par Darlene Goldstein,
Nombre de réponses : 0

hello everyone, and apologies for this potential spam, since it does not apply to everyone.....

I have received several reports by email whose file sizes are too large to upload to moodle. 

==> I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THESE REPORTS <==

I have carefully chosen the maximum file size (2 mb) to take into account both its feasibility - no report should really need to be bigger than this size, and its practicality - if a file is too large, it slows down or even freezes the computer when trying to open it for reading and / or printing.

If you are finding your file size is too large (bigger than 2 mb), you should try to reduce it as follows:

1. include tables as text, not image types
  2. save your figures as jpegs, you can use 'lossy' 50% resolution if you need to (don't worry about blurry plots)
  3. re-compile your report file.

This should resolve (nearly) all problems with excessive file size. 

If you still find your file is to large: please email (or whatsapp) me and let me know what is the smallest file size you have been able to achieve. Do NOT email that file to me though, I will DELETE  it. We can then work together to figure out a solution.

Thank you so very much for your co-operation on this - I have (more than) 350 reports to read, not just yours, so I need help from your side too :)

Best regards,

Darlene