lab 3.1 Booting ubuntu

lab 3.1 Booting ubuntu

by Gaultier Lonfat -
Number of replies: 6

I did the whole partition thing on the sdcard from the VM provided to us, i checked several times that i did things properly, when i try to boot the board, i get this error (https://i.gyazo.com/8de1917e123d7614949d54eb1b4539d0.png) message which is very close to the one in the pdf given, but when i interrupt the auto boot and reset the environment it keeps doing the same error after.

I don't know what i could try to fix this

In reply to Gaultier Lonfat

Re: lab 3.1 Booting ubuntu

by Sahand Kashani-Akhavan -

Did you do the `saveenv` command after the `env default -a` to persist your changes?

In reply to Sahand Kashani-Akhavan

Re: lab 3.1 Booting ubuntu

by Gaultier Lonfat -

yes, it keeps going in circle even after applying these two commands. I did it several times to be sure it wasn't me who made a mistake

lab 3.1 Booting ubuntu

by Ugo Damiano -
Hi,
We came accross the same error, what we did was to use the script that is in the github of the pdf. Normally running only part of it would be enough (there are 5 mains functions but we only run 1 or 2 of them) but since my comrade and I don't remember which one, running the whole script should do the trick. The repo address is under something like : github/sahandKashani in the pdf.

lab 3.1 Booting ubuntu

by Sahand Kashani-Akhavan -
I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. Did you copy-paste the contents of the uboot.script file from the pdf into a text file, or did you manually type everything?

If you copy-pasted the contents, then you surely will have some unprintable characters copied from the pdf into the text file, and those will certainly not be understood by uboot at runtime.

You can verify this by trying to `cat` uboot.script and see if there are any hidden characters in the beginning/e d of the lines. I don't have my laptop one right now, but I believe `cat -A` will print ^M for hidden characters. If you have that, then you'll need to remove them.