LINKS: Basics of Patents and Technology Transfer
Your resource for intellectual property and technology transfer at EPFL.
- Transfer of intellectual property of EPFL
- Negotiate and approve research agreements between EPFL and inustrial partners
- Evaluate new inventions of EPFL and patent them
- Negotiate, conclude and manage license agreements
- Encourage the creation of start-up
Where to search for patents:
- google patents
- US patent office - for US patents - search suggestions
- WIPO portal entry page (World Intellectual Property Organization)
- Open public resource for Innovation Cartography - "Publicly funded science is an important step on the path to the development of technologies that can improve society. However, often the connection between science and impact isn’t clear. The Lens has tools that let us peel away some of the uncertainty."
Who gets to be an author in a patent?
Also, this opensource public resource for patent system navigation Cambia, has extensive easy-to-understand descriptions on patent authorship, as well as a nice FAQs page and tutorials on how to conduct patent searches.
Where are you filing? Multijurisdictional guide from Practical Law Company, which consults lawyers.