What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

by Carlo Maria Musso -
Number of replies: 2

Good evening, my doubt is: What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

On the  consigne there is written: 

"si la BdD possède moins de QUERY_MAX_SIZE binômes en tout, alors, par définition, on s’attend à ce que result_out contienne un pointeur vers l’étudiant(e) ayant la moyenne la plus faible de chaque binôme de la base."

could be I am not understanding the french but I can't find a clear idea of how I should manage this scenario. In case there are 3 pairs for example, my program writes in result_out the the student with the lowest weighted mean of each pair in order of decreasing importance of the value returned by team_diff and then let's the remaining two entries of result_out untouched, what should it do instead with these remaining two entries? 

Thank you in  advance for your time

In reply to Carlo Maria Musso

Re: What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

by Jean-Cédric Chappelier -

Look at the conventions, page 5, once again: simply have NULL pointer at the end of results.

The sentence you are quoting is also compliant with this, it simply says that when there are less than QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs, then, of course, all pairs in the DB are in the result. Notice that it does NOT claim that the result is full. Makes sense?

In reply to Jean-Cédric Chappelier

Re: What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

by Carlo Maria Musso -

Oh yes! Now it is very clear.

Thank you very much