What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

par Carlo Maria Musso,
Number of replies: 2

Good evening, my doubt is: What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

On the  consigne there is written: 

"si la BdD possède moins de QUERY_MAX_SIZE binômes en tout, alors, par définition, on s’attend à ce que result_out contienne un pointeur vers l’étudiant(e) ayant la moyenne la plus faible de chaque binôme de la base."

could be I am not understanding the french but I can't find a clear idea of how I should manage this scenario. In case there are 3 pairs for example, my program writes in result_out the the student with the lowest weighted mean of each pair in order of decreasing importance of the value returned by team_diff and then let's the remaining two entries of result_out untouched, what should it do instead with these remaining two entries? 

Thank you in  advance for your time

In reply to Carlo Maria Musso

Re: What happens if there are less then QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs in database?

par Jean-Cédric Chappelier,

Look at the conventions, page 5, once again: simply have NULL pointer at the end of results.

The sentence you are quoting is also compliant with this, it simply says that when there are less than QUERY_MAX_SIZE pairs, then, of course, all pairs in the DB are in the result. Notice that it does NOT claim that the result is full. Makes sense?