Zebra configuration for routers(Section 4.1)

Zebra configuration for routers(Section 4.1)

by Runke Zhou -
Number of replies: 9

When I was doing the configuration for section 4.1 in lab4, after I type "zebra -d -f /home/lca2/Desktop/lab4/configs/zebra r1.cfg -i /home/lca2/Desktop/lab4/run/zebra r1.pid -z /home/lca2/Desktop/lab4/run/frr r1.api -u root -k", it shows "privs_init: could not setgroups, operation not permitted". After searching, I still not find solution for similar problems on the Internet. Any idea on how to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help

In reply to Runke Zhou

Re: Zebra configuration for routers(Section 4.1)

by Runke Zhou -

I find the way to solve this problem, but it still shows a warning:"ZEBRA : Disabling MPLS support(no kernel support)". What exactly does this mean? Will it affect the later part of the lab?

In reply to Runke Zhou

by Antoine Maurice Daniel Sidem -

Hello,

I am working in a copy at /home/lca2/Desktop/lab4, and I have the same error (privs_init: could not setgroups, operation not permitted.) I tried the steps described by Alaeddine, but I can't manage to solve it. How did you solve this problem ?

In reply to Antoine Maurice Daniel Sidem

by Runke Zhou -

My problem is that I write the command in a wrong place, the command should be in the window of mininet nodes(for example, r1, r2 and so on). If this is not the problem with you, then I think it can be solved with "sudo".

In reply to Runke Zhou

by Alaeddine El Fawal -

Are you working on the shared folder, or making a symbolic link toward the shared folder? if this is the case, please copy the lab4 on the Desktop and DO NOT work on the shared folder.

Good luck!

Alaeddine

In reply to Alaeddine El Fawal

by Runke Zhou -

I am now working on the Desktop, but still have the warning information.

In reply to Runke Zhou

by Alaeddine El Fawal -

kill all zebra /ospfd processes (command provided in the pdf), clean  the mininet and restart again the work on the lab...

In reply to Alaeddine El Fawal

by Runke Zhou -

I have killed all zebra processes, clean the mininet and restart, but there is still this warning information: ZEBRA : Disabling MPLS support(no kernel support).