Strange behaviour running test

Strange behaviour running test

by Francesco Intoci -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings,

I am experiencing some problems with Integration test number 14. When running with "go test -v ./... -p1", it fails every time (in the logs I have the bingossipers stuck in the anti-entropy until the tests fails due to the number of retries). I have then tried to debug the test, and with my surprise, during debugging, no strange behaviour appeared. I then decided to run the test using

"go test -timeout 30s -run ^TestBinGossiper_Contention_Long_Blockchain$ go.dedis.ch/cs438/hw3/gossip" and again, with my surprise, everything worked just fine. Basically every time I run the tests with the first command, the test fails, while when run with the second command, it passes all the time. Any idea why I have such behaviour?
Thanks in advance!
Francesco

In reply to Francesco Intoci

Re: Strange behaviour running test

by Elie Daou -

I'm also experiencing this, running the tests individually works fine as well, only 'go test ./... -v -p 1' keeps getting stuck in a loop. Any idea about that could be?

In reply to Elie Daou

by Francesco Intoci -
Hi,
I really don't know. Actually after some tentatives it suddenly started working when runned with all the other tests. I did many tries and I didn't get any more failures. Still no idea what the problem is/was
In reply to Francesco Intoci

by Pasindu Nivanthaka Tennage -

Hello,

This is a quite strange behavior, and we were not able to reproduce this issue in our implementation.

Regarding the observation about bin_gossiper, please make sure that you have the most recent version of the bin_gossiper in your repo (double check with the remote master)

Regards