Project repo deleted

Project repo deleted

by François Marie Quellec -
Number of replies: 14

Is it normal that our project repo and all laboratory repo's have been deleted? 

In reply to François Marie Quellec

Re: Project repo deleted

by Cristina Basescu -

Hi,

We've reorganized our lab's Gitlab repositories, which, unintended by us, has also affected the student repositories in CS-438. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Fortunately, getting back access is simple: please edit your .gitconfig file in your repo and add dedis/ in front of cs438/ in the repo path. So, instead of cs438 for the remote's path, you'd use dedis/cs438/... . This holds for both the homework and the project repositories. For example:

$ git remote remove origin
# if you use gitlab with SSH
$ git remote add origin git@gitlab.epfl.ch:dedis/cs438/students/<repo-name>.git
# or over HTTPS
$ git remote add origin https://gitlab.epfl.ch/dedis/cs438/students/<repo-name>.git

If you still experience problems, don't hesitate to write back.

Best regards,

The CS-438 team

In reply to Cristina Basescu

by Huan-Cheng Chang -
It still doesn't work... I'm not sure if you need to add us as developers to the repos again.
In reply to Huan-Cheng Chang

by Cristina Basescu -

The repo permissions haven't changed, just the path in the way we mentioned. Your project repo path seems to be "git@gitlab.epfl.ch:dedis/cs438/students/cs438-proj-7.git" or "https://gitlab.epfl.ch/dedis/cs438/students/cs438-proj-7.git" and you still have rights on that repository.

Could you be more precise, what exactly doesn't work?

Cristina

by Huan-Cheng Chang -
I'm using ssh and I got this:

remote: The project you were looking for could not be found.
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.

and I don't see my repos in the "project" page of Gitlab UI.

by Cristina Basescu -

I, unfortunately, cannot reproduce the error you're getting. FYI, below is what I obtain. Tomorrow I'll consult our lab's engineering team, who manages the repos. 

Repo cloning over ssh

by Cristina Basescu -

Hi,

Could you try again? Thanks!

Cristina

by Huan-Cheng Chang -

I can see my previous repos and the project repo now. I think you indeed need to re-grant permissions.

by Pierluca Borsò-Tan -

DEDIS engineer here.

First of all, allow me to apologize to you, I caused the issue and I'm working hard to fix it as soon as possible. I did not mean to impact you in any way.

Thank you Huan-Cheng for confirming that it works for you know.

Everyone else: thank you for your patience, you'll gain back access to your repos soon, I'm automating the fix and then I'll deploy it - hopefully this afternoon, tomorrow at the latest.

Pierluca

In reply to François Marie Quellec

Project repo deleted

by Mathieu Caboche -
Same here, impossible to get access to any of my CS438 gitlab repos. Can’t find them on the gitlab page nor can I get access to them via git. The suggested fix does not change anything...
In reply to Mathieu Caboche

by Pierluca Borsò-Tan -

The suggested fix is necessary. It is not sufficient however.

Hang in there. Working on it.

Pierluca