Question on Lab1 Part3 PC4's Ports and Topological Graph

Question on Lab1 Part3 PC4's Ports and Topological Graph

by Weiran Wang -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

I've done Lab1 Part 3 for several times but the results stuck between 80~90%. Therefore, I checked the pdf and network topological graph again and was surprised to find a difference that matters imho.

On the 9th page of the TP1.pdf, it's said that PC4-eth2 interface is in LAN3, so according to the graph, it should be the port connecting to S34 and PC3. 

However, when I used the command net in mininet to see the network connections, it shows PC4-eth2:s24-eth1 which is in LAN2.

Consequently, I am wondering which I should refer to when answering the quiz in MOODLE. I also attach the screenshot in this discussion topic.

Looking forward to your answers and thanks in advance!

In reply to Weiran Wang

Re: Question on Lab1 Part3 PC4's Ports and Topological Graph

by Marc Fabien Egli -
Hello,

Part 3 of the Lab requires you to first complete lanTopology.py script, where you have connect the PCs.
It is very likely that there is a mistake in there but it's very hard to tell without seeing it . I suggest you to look into this and write me back here in case you do not find anything.

Marc
In reply to Weiran Wang

by Plouton Grammatikos -
Hello, please check the announcement I just posted on the forum, it should fix your problem.

Plouton
In reply to Plouton Grammatikos

by Weiran Wang -
Thank you for the information. It indeed helps!