Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

by Elsa Weber -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I've attempted the mock quiz, and for questions 15-16 where we have to give a "complex" fraction (not so complex, but there exists many ways to write it, and especially the character \alpha..), I can't manage to get an accepted solution, even though I am quite confident that my answer is correct (because this exercise was in the hands-on). I am therefore wondering if there will be instructions as how to write solutions non-ambiguously, or if there will be some manual validation of the answers.

Thanks,

Elsa

In reply to Elsa Weber

Re: Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

by Kalpani Anuradha Welivita -
Yes, there seem to be some formatting issue with respect to the character α. In the quizzes, instructions will be given on how to write your answers (whether as a numerical value or a fraction etc.) and there we'll try to avoid such ambiguous cases. If students raise concerns about certain questions, I suppose there will be some manual validation of the answers.
In reply to Elsa Weber

Re: Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

by Jean-Cédric Chappelier -
Sure, we'll have a look a these: remember that those quizzes are feedback evaluations (rather than "assesment evaluations"; thus low weight (4%)). We will do our best to provide adequat feedback (and maybe fix, if needed, the "stupid" automatic format/decision).

(and moreover, we hopefully improved in creating such quizzes (since the mock quiz), trying to avoid such ambiguous situations ;-) )