Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

par Elsa Weber,
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I've attempted the mock quiz, and for questions 15-16 where we have to give a "complex" fraction (not so complex, but there exists many ways to write it, and especially the character \alpha..), I can't manage to get an accepted solution, even though I am quite confident that my answer is correct (because this exercise was in the hands-on). I am therefore wondering if there will be instructions as how to write solutions non-ambiguously, or if there will be some manual validation of the answers.

Thanks,

Elsa

In reply to Elsa Weber

Re: Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

par Kalpani Anuradha Welivita,
Yes, there seem to be some formatting issue with respect to the character α. In the quizzes, instructions will be given on how to write your answers (whether as a numerical value or a fraction etc.) and there we'll try to avoid such ambiguous cases. If students raise concerns about certain questions, I suppose there will be some manual validation of the answers.
In reply to Elsa Weber

Re: Will there also be manual validation for the quizzes?

par Jean-Cédric Chappelier,
Sure, we'll have a look a these: remember that those quizzes are feedback evaluations (rather than "assesment evaluations"; thus low weight (4%)). We will do our best to provide adequat feedback (and maybe fix, if needed, the "stupid" automatic format/decision).

(and moreover, we hopefully improved in creating such quizzes (since the mock quiz), trying to avoid such ambiguous situations ;-) )