ENABLE COPY-PASTE IN XTERM IN THE VM (MAC OS)?

ENABLE COPY-PASTE IN XTERM IN THE VM (MAC OS)?

by Seyed Mohammadhossein Tabatabaee -
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

Regarding the crowds using Mac OS, I was wondering if you have succeeded to enable copy-pasting with the touchpad of Mac in Xterm (i.e., to enable middle-click pasting)? Please let us know in case you have found a solution; that would be a huge help to others.

Thank you.

Best,

Hossein

In reply to Seyed Mohammadhossein Tabatabaee

Re: ENABLE COPY-PASTE IN XTERM IN THE VM (MAC OS)?

by Jiri Lhotka -
I am also waiting for this, it makes the labs really an awful experience since a large part of what we're meant to do is copypasting addresses around and writing them out by hand is just a horrible experience.
In reply to Jiri Lhotka

by Keran Kocher -
Execute your commands in the mininet terminal with the
host cmd
syntax. Copy-past works there.
In reply to Keran Kocher

by Jiri Lhotka -
Thank you so much, I don't know why I didn't think of this but I didn't.

by Plouton Grammatikos -
Hello,

You can also open a separate LXTerminal (the one that enables copy-paste) on a chosen host, with the command "lxterminal -t <name of host>". The -t option allows you to set a title for each terminal window, so you remember which host it corresponds to.

Unfortunately, we were not able to find another solution for Mac, but this one should do the job.

Best,
Plouton

by Adrien Jean Léonard Remillieux -
I'm not using macOS but I found a way to enable the standard copy paste in terminals (crtl-shift-C/V) in Xterm by following this : https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/276326/configure-xterm-to-use-ctrlshiftc-ctrlshiftv-for-copy-paste/450506 it probably works fine in macOS too.

(this has to be added to the Xresources in /root since the terminals we get for the labs are root) I think I'd be great if that's added by default for next year VM image.
In reply to Adrien Jean Léonard Remillieux

by Kushagra Keyurkumar Shah -
Hey, I could not find the Xresources file on my VM. What is the exact path for this file on your VM?
Thanks in advance!