Tuesday 23-Nov lecture

Tuesday 23-Nov lecture

by George Candea -
Number of replies: 1

Dear students,

For personal reasons, I cannot lecture live this coming Tuesday. I've put together a video lecture consisting of five separate modules on Moodle: Transactions, ACID, Nested Transactions, Transactional Memory, and ACID vs. BASE. I will hold a Q&A session over Zoom at 13h30 on Tuesday (click here) during which I will be happy to take your questions about the lecture.

The quiz will take place at 12h15 on Moodle, as usual.

The two papers for this week are "CAP Twelve Years Later" (from one of the co-authors of the DQ principle and harvest/yield) and "Replicated data consistency explained through baseball". You can find the links on Moodle, and they will be the topic of Thursday's recitation.

Cheers,

George

In reply to George Candea

Re: Tuesday 23-Nov lecture

by George Candea -
Due to an inconsistency between Moodle's forum and the automated emails it sends out, some of you saw the entire announcement above, while others only saw an earlier version that did not have the quiz reminder. Sorry for the confusion... Moodle does not always behave as we expect it to. We will therefore move to Thursday the quiz we had in mind for today, but it will still be on last week's material. There will be another quiz next week, on Tuesday as usual, covering this week's material.