Lab3 Part 4: no server

Lab3 Part 4: no server

by Bastien Favre -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I was trying to do the part 4 of lab3 and in the beginning they mention an emulated server running on the VM and this command (ps aux | grep python) to see two scripts running, however they are not running on my Mininet VM. Are there some files that I missed and need to execute or is there a problem with my VM

Thank you,

Bastien

In reply to Bastien Favre

Re: Lab3 Part 4: no server

by Ludovic Thomas -

Hi, could you restart the VM and post a screenshot of your command in the terminal and of the result ? Also if you open Wireshark inside the VM and select "any" interface, if you see UDP packets, approximately once every second, with destination IP the multicast group, then it means that the multicast sender is running in background.

In reply to Ludovic Thomas

by Mohamed Amr Abdelmalek Mohamed Elasfoury -
Hello,

I have the same problem and I'm not seeing the UDP packets in wireshark.
What can I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
Mohamed

Attachment pyc.png
In reply to Mohamed Amr Abdelmalek Mohamed Elasfoury

by Ludovic Thomas -

Hi, could you restart the VM (type "reboot" in a terminal within the VM)  ?

If it doesn't come back after a reboot, send me an email: ludovic.thomas@epfl.ch and we can setup a zoom call to sort this out.

Ludovic

In reply to Ludovic Thomas

by Ludovic Thomas -
Hello,
if for some reason the multicast sender does not boot during startup of your VM, you can type these two commands in a terminal:

cd /usr/share/multicast-scripts && python3 p4sv.pyc 224.1.1.1 10505 udata/ bad-puns >/dev/null 2>&1 &

then

cd /usr/share/multicast-scripts && python3 p4bot.pyc 224.1.1.1 10505 rj.txt 3 >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Ludovic