Lab6: config problem, bgp at r2 not working

Lab6: config problem, bgp at r2 not working

by Niels Marco Lachat -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I have been struggling for quite some time now to configure the network for lab6, but I don't manage to get everything working.

As you can see below, pingall shows that almost everything is reachable, except what comes from or goes to AS65200.

Also, what I found weird, is that the bgp daemon of r2 doesn't write in the log file.

But I verified that all the daemons are running, even the one from r2...

Does someone have any idea how to solve the problem I'm facing?

I tried rewriting the config files to be sure I didn't make a typo, but it changes nothing...

In reply to Niels Marco Lachat

Re: Lab6: config problem, bgp at r2 not working

by Emi Sakamoto -
Hi,

After creating the zebra configuration files for the routers R2 and R3, did you verify that the ip configurations of routers R2 and R3 match with the topology ?
After you verified, and created the bgpd configuration files for the routers R1 and R4, did you enable zebra and bgpd processes for all routers in the python script ?

Also, you may need to wait 1 minute or so until convergence of a routing protocol.

If after checking everything, it still doesn't work, you can send me an email with the configuration files and the python script.

Best,
Emi
In reply to Emi Sakamoto

Re: Lab6: config problem, bgp at r2 not working

by Niels Marco Lachat -
Thanks for your answer!
Actually I found the issue: I wrote an incorrect ip for R2 in the bgp config files of R1 and R4.
Best,
Niels