Week 4 material

Week 4 material

by Konstantinos Spinakis -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I saw that material for week 4 was uploaded today, and given that today was the day of the class trip for all master's students, I wanted to ask whether we are supposed to cover this material on our own before the class next week, or if this is next week's material.

Thank you!

In reply to Konstantinos Spinakis

Re: Week 4 material

by Wulfram Gerstner -

Hello,

yes, the topics covered this week are part of the regular curriculum of the class. I will not repeat the material next week.

I know that it is a bit unfortunate that the EPFL announced class excursions for for March 14 which indeed took place in some sections; in IC the  excursion was replaced by a great on-campus event (IC-Boost Day) organized by the student association CLIC.

According to the EPFL rules classes can be canceled on the day of the excursion or, if not, videos should be made available. I have chosen the second option.

6 videos are already available; two additional short videos will appear on the WEB page before Thursday 10am, at the usual address

https://lcnwww.epfl.ch/gerstner/VideoLecturesANN-Gerstner.html

under the title: Reinforcement Learning Lecture 3,

I hope that (depending on your section) you had a great excursion off-campus or else exciting presentations during the IC boost day

kind regards

W. Gerstner