Something fun and something less fun...

Something fun and something less fun...

by Olivier Lévêque -
Number of replies: 1

Dear all,

With this email, I just wanted to make two announcements: one is fun, one is less fun.

- I had prepared a holiday quiz for you; it's about fun problems in probability (but no exam material). You find it after week 7 on Moodle.

- And after that, you'll find a holiday poll, for which I would need a quick answer from all of you. Let me explain:

During Easter time, I found it very original to break my leg (yes, rare events happen...). I just had a surgery, and things are on the right track, but I will likely not be able to come and teach physically at EPFL for the next few weeks. So we have to continue the course in an online format... Now here is the question for you: would you prefer a completely online format for the lectures, everyone on Zoom at home or somewhere on the campus, or would you like that we try to setup with the ta's a projection in the usual classrooms (no guarantees)? Please answer here:

https://moodlearchive.epfl.ch/2022-2023/mod/feedback/view.php?id=1248204

Please note also that:

- one way or the other, the format of the lectures will remain the classical one (no flipped classroom)

- exercise sessions will continue as usual in INR 219 on Thursdays 10-12

- next week is still uncertain for me; I'll keep you posted!

- accordingly, the grading of the midterm might be delayed with respect to what was originally scheduled...

All the best,

Olivier

In reply to Olivier Lévêque

Re: Something fun and something less fun...

by Olivier Lévêque -
Dear all, and thanks to those who answered the poll.

It seems that only a minority among you would like that we set up a projection in the classroom. Given the number of things I have to monitor with this accident, I hope you will be OK with 100% zoom lectures. So let us meet at 2:15 PM on Wednesday for the next lecture (I have come back home now and the situation is more or less under control). Here is the Zoom link for this session (and all the others; it is the same that you find on Moodle):

https://epfl.zoom.us/my/oleveque

For Hw 6, please bring in either in the transparent mailbox in front of my office by Wednesday night or on Thursday at 10 AM in the exercise session (room INR 219). There was a slight typo in the problem set: I corrected that.

All the best, and see you on Wednesday,
Olivier

PS: If you want, some of you can always self-organize to set up the projection in the classrooms, of course!