Signing up in the VMware Virtual machine

by Nathan Théo Duchesne -
Number of replies: 14

Hello, should we use our tequila identifiers to sign into the ubuntu VM or is there a specific password for this course?

I've tried using my identifiers but I can't seem to open a session once I've selected the IC-CO-IN-SC image.
Have a nice day,

Nathan Duchesne

In reply to Nathan Théo Duchesne

Re: Signing up in the VMware Virtual machine

by Katerina Argyraki -

Hi Nathan,

The tequila identifiers should work. I will email the sys admins to see what's going on.

Cheers,

Katerina

In reply to Katerina Argyraki

by Periklis Chrysogelos -

Dear Nathan,

As Prof. Argyraki said, you should use your gaspar credentials to login.

The prompt is a little bit slow on accepting shifts and caps locks so verify that the keyboard and the caps lock/shift/control matches your expectation.

Right-clicking on the password bar allows you to see the entered password through "show text". Alternatively you can write your password in a local text editor and copy paste it.

Best,
Periklis

In reply to Periklis Chrysogelos

by Katerina Argyraki -

Nathan, 

Could you please confirm that you were able to start the VM? 

Thanks,

Katerina

It works now! I had already used my Gaspar username and password earlier today to sign up on the website, but once I clicked on the specific VM, it asked for another username and password. This time it worked without this additional step, meaning no more passwords were required once I was signed in on the website, so it seems to be fixed. Thanks a lot!

However, it now asks for a password to turn it off..

by Katerina Argyraki -

Thanks for the reply! If you are prompted again for a password while trying to start the VM, please send a screenshot -- just like the one you did. That way we can show the problem more clearly to the sysadmins.

by Alexis Schlomer -
I experience the exact same issue. The other VMs automatically connect, however the IC CO IN SC asks my credentials, and when I enter them they are rejected.
In reply to Alexis Schlomer

by Alexis Schlomer -
40 minutes later I decided to give it another try and it worked as well (it did not ask my credentials either).

by Periklis Chrysogelos -

Dear Alexis,

When you had issues with putting the password (unlocking the session, which is normally required after some inactivity period or if you lock the session), can you please confirm: did you verified through "Show text" that the password is typed correctly?

Best,
Periklis

In reply to Periklis Chrysogelos

by Alexis Schlomer -
Yes I did.
I even copy pasted it from outside the VM.
Best regards,
Alexis

by Robin Jaccard -

Hello,

I have the same issue, I cannot access the VM because my personal login and password are not valid (I'm sure that I enter them correctly). I tried to do the lab on my own machine but I cannot use the command "wireshark", it says "command not found". I tried installing wireshark but nothing has changed.

Best regards,
Robin

by Anders Mickael Jacques Hominal -

Hi,

I have done all the required steps to log into the VDI (show the password, copy paste outside the VDI), i'm 100% sure that its the correct password and still cant log myself into. 

Could you help me please ?

Thanks,
Anders 

by Georgia Fragkouli -
Dear Nathan,

Do not try to turn off the machine--our accounts don't have such access rights. Instead, just log out or close the browser window.

Best,
Georgia