Performances issues regarding number of messages

Performances issues regarding number of messages

by Bastien Wermeille -
Number of replies: 3

For test TestGossiper_Topo5_10Nodes I encounter some performance issues regarding the time it takes to exchange all the messages (1800) between 10 hosts. It takes me more than 10 second knowing that the last message deliver to the gossiper is given after at least 6 secondes.

Does anyone also faced this problem and if yes how did you manage to fix it ?

In reply to Bastien Wermeille

Re: Performances issues regarding number of messages

by Elie Daou -
Same here, my bottleneck is mainly waiting for 10 seconds ACK messages which aren't consistently arriving (Or atleast I'm not registering their arrival correctly). I haven't figured out a solution yet but a small workaround that might be useful if you want to try and pass the test and check the correctness of your program is lowering the threshold of waiting for ACKs to something like a second maybe?
Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to properly handle ACKs or register that you've received one, please get in touch!

by Pasindu Nivanthaka Tennage -

Hello,

The problem here is with your implementation; your implementation is correct but not so good in performance. I would kindly advice you to profile the code, check the bottlenecks, check whether the number of threads are optimal (==number of logical cores = 8).

Regards 

by Pasindu Nivanthaka Tennage -

Hello,

The problem here is with your implementation; your implementation is correct but not so good in performance. I would kindly advice you to profile the code, check the bottlenecks, check whether the number of threads are optimal (==number of logical cores = 8).

Regards