Miniproject report level of conciseness

by Otto Sander Broers -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

We are currently working on the report and were wondering the following:

How readable should the report be without the assignment pdf next to it? Anywhere between a title + requested figures and a publishable paper I suppose :P But should we write something about the working of the (In our case DDPG) algorithm or for example model parameters such as the learning rate which are also defined in the assignment?

Thanks in advance,

Otto

In reply to Otto Sander Broers

by Luca Jean-Michel Delabarre -
Hey, I am NOT a TA so take my answer with a grain of salt, but I had the same question and I asked it in person last week.
The TA in charge (of DDPG in my case) told me that we can assume that the reader also has the pdf on hand, thus we can omit details such as model parameters and architecture etc. and focus more on the questions they ask us in the pdf.

Hopefully it helps,

LD
In reply to Luca Jean-Michel Delabarre

Re: Miniproject report level of conciseness

by Sophia Becker -
Confirming what Luca wrote above, you should keep your report concise - no need to repeat all information about the network from the project description, you can e.g. just write that you implemented the network as specified in part X of the project description. Just make sure that (1) we know which question you answer/which network implementation you are talking about at any given time, (2) specify any additional parameters that you were supposed to vary or choose yourself.