5D Mean Shift

5D Mean Shift

by Alexi Semiz -
Number of replies: 8

Is  5D Mean Shift the same as 5D k-means clustering ? It seems not but it is in the MCQ of 2020. 
Also, I can't find any info on narrow and wide baslines for stereo in our course (from the same MCQ).

Are we suppose to know these 2 algorithms ?

In reply to Alexi Semiz

Re: 5D Mean Shift

by Corentin Dumery -

What question are you referring to? 

You only need to know what is covered in the course.

In reply to Corentin Dumery

by Alexi Semiz -
Questions 4 and 6. Also I'm wondering why in question 11, the answer "The initial layers tend to detect global features (like objects or parts of objects) whereas the higher
layers detect local features (like edges)." is not true ?
In reply to Alexi Semiz

by Corentin Dumery -
About Mean-Shift vs KMeans, read question 4 carefully and the algorithms. Question 4 does not imply anything, I don't really know what else to say.

About Q11, it is not true because it is typically the opposite. It is discussed in the deep learning lecture.
In reply to Corentin Dumery

by Alexi Semiz -
I was just wondering if we are supposed to know 5D Mean shift since I can't find anytging on this in the slides. Also, I can't find any info on narrow and wide baslines for stereo in our course (from Q6 in the 2020 MCQ).
In reply to Alexi Semiz

by Ahmed Boubakry -
Hi Alexi,

I found some relevant informations on baselines on the slide 57 of the Shape from Stereo course. It basically contains the info to answer the question on the exam.

Hope it helped :)

Ahmed